The subject today is a review of the steps that create a thoughtful and planned approach to successful social media marketing. I know that it’s probably been hammered into you over the years, but it’s still worth a review to refresh your memory. None of the items that I’ve listed below requires a super-human degree in rocket science because they’re all sensible, reasonable and practical recommendations and worthy of your consideration. So, let’s begin with the most obvious steps that you can do to make the most out of your marketing strategy.
1. Identify your target. This obvious first step relates to knowing your key business objectives. It’s important to be as specific as possible and knowing who you wish to engage. Have a quantitative time frame, and goal, which you are working toward, such as 50 newly, engaged Facebook followers per week.
2. Optimize and personalize your brand. Share with people the features and benefits of your brand and infuse them into your mission. Your goal is to inspire customers to follow you, support you and share your story with others. Keep it personal, and win their hearts.
3. Identify your audience. Know who they are, listen to what they’re saying about you, then you can more effectively research the demographics that will relate to your products.
4. Optimize your website or blog. Pretty obvious isn’t it, but not necessarily done all of the time. The point here is that your visitors should feel welcomed to your site, and Google Analytics tracking code can help. www.google.com/analytics. Make any necessary improvements, so that your guests will want to return on a regular basis.
5. Establish your social connections. Get set up on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and definitely consider Pinterest. Although the old saying that, a picture is worth a thousand words, it’s never been more relevant than in social media today.
6. Consider Email Marketing. Although lots of people don’t engage in social media, (who can imagine why not) almost everyone uses some form of email, so take advantage of it and use it. Constant Contact www.constantcontact.com/ is an excellent source and good example of a service provider for this purpose. Remember to merge your social media with these types of services to get the most out of your marketing campaign.
7. Research SEO’s. Spend some of your time researching SEO (search engine optimization) programs. Invest some money to get the biggest bang for your buck with keywords to optimize the chances of people finding your website or product. You can secure a new level of online profits and success by learning the art of making a website rank #1. A product that you might consider looking into is SEO Power Suite.
8. Measuring Results. Learn how to measure what results you are getting. Google analytic is a perfect place to start. http://www.google.ca/analytics. Google Analytics, not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back.
9. Always Improve and Update. Last, but certainly not least, never stop improving and refining your marketing campaign. Social media marketing is a carousel of ever-changing techniques. It’s important to always stay on top of your game to get the most benefits in helping you to be a success.
When it comes to developing a social media marketing strategy, these simple, but effective steps will help you along in your quest. The most important thing to remember is that you are in control of how successful you can become by utilizing all the methods that are available to you. All successful companies, websites, blogs and social media contacts use the same diligence to create an unforgettable on-line presence, and so can you.